In my daughter's words, yes, it felt a bit like a whirlwind for us, too!
They arrived Thursday night just in time for dinner and left early Sunday morning. We had one evening to spend with them as family time, and one whole day to spend with our grandkids. (We packed it full and had a great day with them!) Sunday was spent getting ready for our monthly "Home Fellowship" (church group) here.
Today I have an unexpected "catch-up" day since my usual Monday morning get-together with my friend, Roberta was cancelled (due to her sickness). So, I'm doing laundry--lots of it! The day began bright and sunny, but is clouding up a bit now. The forecast says "rain" (no surprise in that), but maybe I'll still manage to get a walk in if it holds off just a bit longer. Or, maybe I'll just go for a walk in the rain!
The house seems way too quiet today after a fun and noisy weekend -- good thing I have my cat to keep me company, plus the songs of the birds and the antics of the squirrels! Guess I'll turn on some music and liven this place up a bit! If you're in the mood for some fun, c'mon over!
3 comments:
Sounds like you had a great, however, short visit. I know just what you mean about the quietness after the "kids" leave. You will feel good to have the laundry done and things back to normal--in spite of missing them. You and Larry need to do something fun!!
It sounds like you had a very happy,probably noisy weekend with family there.It had to have been hard to say goodbye again knowing it would be alittle while again until you saw them again.Right now Chuck is stretched out cross legged with his feet resting on the lamp table with RuthAnn snuggling in his arms watching cartoons on the tv.Dan is in the other chair glued with his ears,listening to the cartoons with Grandma on the couch with my laptop.It just a nice relaxing time where we all seem to have landed in the living room on the main floor.Oops RuthAnn just woke Grandpa up asking to go to Toys R Us for a moment anyway.Dan's watched just let us all know it is 7:00pm RuthAnn's bed time for school in the morning.Sad note for RuthAnn.She is up every morning at 7:00am to get onto the bus by 7:35am every morning.My time to say so long.
I'm glad you had your time with your family. Short time or not, I'm sure you enjoyed every minute of it. And I know how quiet and lonely it was after they walked out the door. Been there myself.
Post a Comment