This morning I awoke with a song in my heart -- as though I was already singing a song before I became fully awake! What a wonderful wake-up call! It brought an instant smile to my face and joy to my heart! This is what I was singing:
Beautiful One -- I love you!
Beautiful One - I adore!
Beautiful One -- my soul must sing!
You opened my eyes to your wonders anew;
You captured my heart with your love;
And, nothing on earth is as beautiful as You!
Know this song? Sing it along with me. Go ahead -- sing it out loud! It may just lift your spirits and put a little joy in your heart! Here's the whole song (Beautiful One, by Tim Hughes):
Wonderful, so wonderful is your unfailing love
Your cross has spoken mercy over me
No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart can fully know
How glorious, how beautiful you are
Beautiful one I love you
Beautiful one I adore
Beautiful one my soul must sing
Powerful, so powerful your glory fills the skies
Your mighty works displayed for all to see
The beauty of your majesty awakes my heart to sing
How marvelous, how wonderful you are!
You've opened my eyes to your wonders anew
You've captured my heart with this love
Cause nothing on this earth is as beautiful as you
My soul my soul must sing(x3)
Beautiful one
Beautiful one I love you
Beautiful one I adore
Beautiful one -- my soul must sing!
Then I sat down in my blue chair to spend some time with the "Beautiful One", and I read:
"As for me, I will sing about your power.
I will shout with joy each morning
because of your unfailing love.
For You have been my refuge,
a place of safety in the day of distress.
O my Strength, to You I sing praises,
for You, O God, are my refuge,
the God who shows me unfailing love."
(Psalm 59:16-17 - New Living Translation)
I didn't "shout with joy" out loud when I woke up this morning (because Larry would surely have come running to see what horrible thing had happened to his wife), but I did whisper it as I sang. And, although my head was throbbing with a headache, I couldn't help but smile and give thanks to Jesus for His wonderful love and special care for me.
The weather forecast is rain for today, but as I finished typing this, the sun came out and shone brightly, just for a moment. Yessss! Now I'm ready to get going in this new day!
1 comment:
To awake with a "song" in the heart, rather than an empty, aching feeling that tugs at your heart, and makes you want to just pull the covers back up over your head and stay where you are, is very good. I will admit that the ladder one has been my cup of tea on many mornings. "Not" a good thing, and yes, is a result of not giving things over to the Lord. Or rather, many times, "giving" them to the Lord, but "not" letting Him keep the things, you have just given over to him.
Post a Comment