The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Friday, March 3, 2006

Come close...

Another lesson from my cat:

She was meowing for my attention as she walked into the room, so I reached down to pet her. But, she stayed just out of my reach. I said to her, "You have to come near to me if you want to be petted."

Hmmmm...I wonder if God ever says that to me.

1 comment:

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

There is a cat that I "befriended" over by the double wide trailer we used to live in. The silly cat, every now and then would show an "attitude" problem. It took a long time for him to become my friend, even with all my trying to pamper him. I started giving him little treats, (tuna fish)! Much to my husbands dismay. But I was determined!! He finally became my friend! But I would take breaks with the tuna fish, and if I went too long, he would get mad at me. When I would see him, he would sit with his back to me, and not move. Even with my begging him to come. First time I have ever seen this in a cat. Funniest thing I ever did see!! When I would again give him a treat, then he would give me the honor of his attention.