The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Good Day - Good Week

Some days are better than others; some weeks are better than others, but today has been a good day and this has been a good week!

Larry is slowly getting over his sickness and has managed to work four and a half days this week. He's still coughing (or should I say hacking) most of the time, but gradually getting his strength back. He questions why I'm giving him cough medicine since he already has a cough, and doesn't want it any more, thank you very much!

Monday: I spent half a day with my friend, Roberta, doing our weekly get-together. We had to skip it last week since she was sick, and we both really missed it! This time of mutual sharing, both on a spiritual level and regarding the personal stuff of life is proving to be so beneficial in our lives!
Tuesday: I spent half a day with my friend, Debbie, doing brunch in Vancouver. We get together about once a month, although we're determined to do it more often, as we both treasure this friendship that began almost nine years ago (in April of 1997)! It has remained constant, despite the move we made nearly two years ago that put about an hour of distance between our homes.
Wednesday: I spent half a day doing catch-up at home, plus half a day out and about--went for a walk and ran some errands.
Thursday: I spent most of the day with my friend, Karen, doing lots of fun stuff: a few hours of visiting at her house, then lunch in a wonderfully charming Victorian cafe in the sweet little downtown of Hillsboro, then browsing antique shops and an old-fashioned drug store complete with soda fountain and lunch counter. We shopped till she dropped and then drove through one of her favorite neighborhoods, "oohing and ahhing" our way past all the pretty houses.
Friday: Today I've stayed home all day, but I've spent some time in my yard, inspecting spring flowers and refilling bird feeders. Plus, I got to visit with my daughter on the phone -- that's always a treat for me!

Yup, today's a good day and it's been a very good week! What a nice start to this new season of life called Spring--the time of new beginnings! Yikes--speaking of new beginnings, do you realize that the first quarter of this new year is just about gone? Well, that's okay...there's still three quarters left to it, and lots more enjoyment to be found!

3 comments:

Mister Ed T said...

Your friends are priceless treasures. Value them highly. Glad to hear the Larry is on the mend. Give him a hug for me. Enjoy the other 3/4 of the year too! Looking forward to about 2% of it with you!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that nasty cough takes an age to get over...your husband has my sympathies.....

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

I'm glad to hear you are having a good week Jeannie! And I'm very glad to hear that Larry is on the mend. Love you!

Our sun is shining bright here today, for us! Yea!!! There is yet hope for our Spring!