The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Thursday, March 2, 2006

Lookin' for Beauty in an Unbeautiful Day

As I rounded the end of the bed, I couldn't help but notice the view out my bedroom window, on this gray, rainy day. The skies are somber (as is the mood inside), but there's still beauty to be found. One has only to look for it.

Joy in the Heart

When there's joy in the heart, there's beauty all around,
and every bit of laughter is such a pleasant sound.
Whether skies are sunny or rain clouds linger there,
when the heart is happy, there's music in the air.
But when sadness fills the heart, then all that's seen is gloom,
and laughter is just noise—unwelcome in the room.

If only we could see, though eyes are full of tears,
that God is in control, and wants to calm our fears.
Oh, how the heart is cheered when we remember Him;
then problems aren't so feared and cares begin to dim.
When we look to Jesus, He makes the gloom depart;
eyes behold new beauty and His joy fills the heart.

2 comments:

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Thank You Jeannie. I did read your poem. It is very very good. I just didn't respond back to you. Love you very much! Thank you for continuing to write like you are. I for one really do appreciate what you write. I know how deep it comes from your heart. Just know that I am here, even tho I don't always respond.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blogs, but just haven’t had time to type a reply. We are at the end of budget time and I have been pretty busy. You do have a way of writing that is very interesting and fun to read.