The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

If only wishes could come true!

Sometimes I wish I could see you. I sit here and stare at this screen, visiting blog after blog of my friends and family, and think, "If only I could actually see the people whose blogs I'm reading....If only I could look right into their homes and visit with them for a little while....if only I could actually go and visit them for real!" Do you ever feel that way? I smile when I read your comments, and that in itself feels like a little visit, but my heart longs for face-to-face visits with you, to sit down and chat with you--in your home or in mine, whichever.

Most of my readers are well-known to me, but a few are not. I would love to get to know you better. Most of my readers live a great distance from me. I would love to see you more often. Sometimes I wish you lived right next door, so we could hang out together as much as we would like. Sometimes I wish I could just "hit the road" whenever I have the urge, and travel to your home to see you.

Sometimes I wish, if I could just wish hard enough, all my wishes could come true! Oh well, back to reality -- time to get on with my day.

3 comments:

Mister Ed T said...

In eternity wishes will be reality!

Anonymous said...

Elmer's few words say it all. Hope you are having a great day. Last night was the Trustee Board's finalization of the budget--now just the Official Board approval before going to the congregation. My shedule should slow down some. Yea!!

Montana Sherry C said...

Wish I could've gone to OMSI and the mall with you all the other day.

Oh, and by the way, speaking of seeing people face to face, I wondered if you have been able to get together with Frannie yet.