The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Strange but True!

This morning, as I was sitting in my blue chair, I happened to notice out the front living room window that it was raining -- a very soft, light mist -- a beautiful kind of rain. Then I noticed something else -- the sun was shining brightly! So, I quickly got up and headed for the kitchen to look out the back window (toward the west), expecting to see a beautiful rainbow. (I've only seen that once before in the morning, looking out that window, just a couple of weeks ago. In fact, it was exactly two weeks ago today -- I know that only because I mentioned it in my blog.)

I was disappointed to see no rainbow; however, I noticed something amazing -- it wasn't raining in the back yard! I thought, "Well, that was a very quick little rain! But, on the way back to my blue chair in the living room, I saw that it was still raining in the front yard! I went back and forth, from window to window (front, side, and back), several times within the space of about five minutes, in total disbelief of what I was seeing -- no rain in my side yard or my back yard -- it was only raining in my front yard!

Then I also noticed that it was only raining in one half of my front yard!!! I watched this strange phenomenon for several more minutes, checking every possible way to find the evidence of rain all around, but it just wasn't there! It was only raining in one small patch! How can this be? (No, my lawn sprinklers weren't on -- they don't even work! Nor was water blowing off my roof -- there was no wind!)

I finally concluded that God just loves to bring endless delight and amazement to His children who look for it! He is an amazing God, and He can do anything He wants! Thanks, God!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One time I drove through the end of a rainbow.....that was the most amazing experience.
Have you ever done that?

Anonymous said...

Nope--never had that experience! How fun that would be!!! (Did you find the pot of gold?)

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

alright, fess up Jeannie! What are you on?? (hee hee)

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

raining only in "half"?? of your yard. Really funny!! I think your last post about the giant cookies went to your head! What did you put into the reciepe?

Anonymous said...

It so sounds like you to find that "six" cookies thing from a recipe. Goes along with your great sense of humor. I had my "mental health day" yesterday--so I'm just now (Wednesday) getting caught up on your writings. Felt good to sleep in during the week. Bill and I went to Grand Rapids, ate at Arnies, and shopped until "I" dropped.