The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Out and About - Again!

Today is the first day of spring vacation in our little part of the world. It's almost like summertime! It's been sunny and warm all day -- no need for a jacket on a day like this! So, I've spent the better part of my day outside. My weekly get-together with Roberta took place both outside and inside. Due to spring break (and her three sons at home), we changed our weekly routine. We met at a beautiful little pond, about a mile from our homes, and walked several laps around it, soaking up the sunshine. Then after our exercise in the fresh air, we treated ourselves to a long, leisurely lunch in the restaurant sitting at the edge of the pond. What a nice way to spend two and a half hours!

Now I've just come inside after spending an hour in my yard, looking for whatever excuse I could find to keep me outside. I just hated to come back inside -- it's just so incredibly nice outside today -- what a beautiful day! It's supposed to rain everyday for the rest of the week, so I took full advantage of the gorgeous weather today.

Planning is in full swing for my next three adventures:
  1. Next week I'm going to Montana, (hopefully on Monday), planning to be gone for 10-12 days, visiting family and friends (and to meet my new grandpuppy)!
  2. In May Larry and I are going to Florida to spend a week with long-time friends, Marcia and Scott. Our four-way friendship began in 1968 (pre-marriage days) when we lived in Michigan (where we all grew up), and spent much of our time double-dating as a "best-friends four-some". (Actually, I've been friends with Marcia since high school days -- we went to church together, and then college together in Alberta, Canada.) It's one of those wonderful, rare friendships that continues on through all the different stages of life, including several major moves around the country!
  3. Then in July I'll be doing a road trip to Penticton, British Columbia for a family wedding and reunion. Unfortunately, Larry is unable to get away from work at that time, so I'll have to be a big girl and strike out on my own. It's been lots of fun to get the plans together for all of this, and have the excitement of all the upcoming travel! Can't wait!

    But, speaking of excitement, I guess I better get excited about getting some stuff done around here before this day is over!
    Oh well, there's always tomorrow to stay inside and get stuff done, right? Right! Who wants to stay inside on a day like this? (not me) Toodles!

3 comments:

Mister Ed T said...

It's great to want to get outside after so many months of wanting to hurry back inside asap! God created seasons. They are wonderful, most of the time.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Sounds like you had an "awsome" day! Wow!! We are finally getting some warmer weather, but we have a long way to go to get where you are, yet. Our side yard looks like the dead of winter yet. Piled with snow. Could still make snow angels. Otherwise it is melting pretty good. It is getting very "brown" around here. That is the "predominate" color right now. I can't wait for the flowers to pop out, and green grass to arrive. We will be seeding our yard this year as soon as we can get a chance.

Your trips sound great. Enjoy your time with dad. I would love to come enjoy it with you. Please give him a huge hug for me. And play lots with that new little cute puppy. He looks so sweet.

Anonymous said...

So happy Larry is better. It was a long illness for him! Glad you were able to not get it. I know how excited you must be to see your g-kids. Enjoy. We are heading to Tennessee to see Doug and Sarah in a couple of weeks. Doug said Sarah (6) said she was going to put her "long distance" glasses and see Grandma and Pappa. She's a stitch. Have a good rest of the week.