What a change from last weekend to this weekend -- and not at all according to plan!
Last weekend we had a houseful of noise and fun (our kids and grandkids). This weekend is rather quiet, and not at all like it was supposed to be! We had planned to be away this weekend, over at the coast, in a hotel room right on the beach. It didn't happen!
When Larry came home from work on Wednesday, he headed straight for the couch and has been a couch potato ever since -- hardly moving, hardly talking, hardly eating! So, I've been reading, shopping, reading, shopping . . . and more of the same is in today's forecast.
Today I plan to make my first visit ever to Pilgrim's Bookstore (in Portland--way across the other side of town). I've wanted to go there for several years, but just never got around to it, so today's the day! It's an old storehouse of "used", "bargain", and "new" books, and comes highly recommended by those who browse there.
Other than that, the day promises to be another quiet one, unless I find some mischief to get into! Any suggestions?
3 comments:
Reading and Shopping sounds good! How bout throwing in a movie for yourself, and add alittle popcorn with it.
Yuck. Hope Dad is feeling better soon. I know he doesn't very often crash like that, so he must have really been feeling lousy. Any chance you guys will be able to reschedule for another weekend?
I would have loved to have joined you.Alittle mischief sounds intriguing.Sorry for Larry feeling so rotten.
Post a Comment