Exactly one year ago today, this blog began! It started as a thought in the shower -- a thought that didn't wash away! After I stepped out of the shower it took root and began to grow. (Yikes! I thought that taking root and growing required dirt, but I was fresh out of the shower!) Well, a whole year has passed since that day of new beginning, and now, I'm looking forward to looking backward! As each day goes by, of year number two in the life of this blog, it will be fun for me to look back on the things I wrote a year ago. I suppose there will be some tender touches and tough twitches along the way as I glance back, but I guess that's all part of the journey.
God designed us with memory. Sometimes memory is good and sweet, and sometimes memory involves sorrow and regret. I think that looking back can be a useful tool in my life. I want to smile in the sweetness of looking back, but I also want to sing for joy--even in the sadness of looking back. I want to learn as I remember. I want to grow, even as I groan. Someone has said that my history is really "His Story" at work in my life--what I have chosen to do with God's involvement in my life.
Will I continue this blog for another year? A year from today, will I have another year of journal entries to read back through? And, if I do, of what will they remind me? Only time will tell!
Come to think of it, blogging about my days isn't really as important to me as what I actually do with my days! Will there be anything in each day that actually counts for eternity? Will there be something in each day that matters to anyone besides myself? The more I think this through, the more I realize that another year of blogging isn't really of any great importance to me--whether I continue or stop. It's just a personal hobby, unless it blesses someone else.
As I look ahead, from this day forward, what I really look forward to--what I really get excited about, is that, any day now, God will decide it's time to call His children home. How I long for that day! May it be today...or tomorrow...or the next day . . . the sooner the better!
"Even so, come, Lord Jesus!"
12 comments:
Your blog does bring blessing to me, and joy in reading and knowing what my friend is interested in and also doing.
Thanks, Sandy! Your comments mean a lot to me, and so does your friendship!
Maranatha! Well, I just put three different eye drops in Ron's right eye and one in his left. The surgery went well and Ron came to our home without even a patch over his eye. He's just resting now & says this eye was nothing compared to the first surgery. PTL that the operations are now over! Pray for good healing. We'll try to take care of him like you would.
Happy Blogiversary!
Cary, thanks so much for helping my dad with this latest round of surgery, and for all the follow-up care required. I'm sure you know how much I wish I was there, but at least I know he's in wonderful, caring hands, and with the medical expertise you both have, I certainly have no worries when he's in your care!
Thanks, Sherry! Nice to see you here--thanks for your greeting!
Jeannie, you are right when you say its "His story." At promise keepers, Steve Masterson told us men to tell our story because it is His story, the story of God's grace being revealed, taught, and lived, in and through your life. We probably see that in you blogs clearer than you do. So keep blogging. P.S. Pry for me cause I need to get back to telling more of my (His) story.
Ed, thanks for your confirmation of what I write (as you so often do), and for your kind words. Yes, I will continue to pray for you--for "His-story" underway in your life.
Happy anniversary.Has it actually been that long since you began your new blog? Each one of us have a story about what he has done in and through us.I will attempt it some day soon.Remembering where I had been and where I am now brings back some very sad memories.The Lord is still working on me and will until He calls me home.Things I have brought before the Lord and asked forgiveness for I prefer not to bring up in my mind again.He tells us once we ask for His forgiveness,we are to consider them things gone.Forgiven and then forgotten.Of course it can become a testimony.Love ya Jeannie.
Dianne, thanks for sharing your heart with us! I'll look forward to reading more of "His-story" in your life, when you post it.
Jeannie, I, for one just got done scrolling thru your other blog, to look thru past stories and pictures. I did that about 4 or 5 days ago. I appreciate that you left it in there. Thank you for all you have written, and all the pictures. And the interesting thing is that my thoughts afterwards were, "my, I enjoyed her previous blog, she was good!"
But wow, has she ever "grown" since starting her new blog. I appreciate your continuing to share with the rest of all us bloggies, even tho at times, you get no response.
There "has been" response on our end, even tho you don't always hear back. The Lord has most definately used you and your writings, in all our lives. Thank you Jeannie. Please continue!
And yes, this is where "It's Not About Me" comes in. It's All About You"!
For God has most definately used "You" in my life this past few years, in this blogging.
Thanks, Colleen! You are so sweet and so generous with your comments!
Post a Comment