The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Something to Think About

From a book I'm currently enjoying, "Expresso for a Woman's Spirit" -- "Encouraging Stories of Hope and Humor", by Pam Vredevelt:

"I heard a story about a little girl who, on the way home from church, turned to her mother and said, "mommy, the preacher's sermon this morning confused me." "What was confusing?" the mother asked. The girl thought for a moment and said, "Well, he said that God is bigger than we are. Is that true?" "Yes, Honey, that's true," the mother replied. "He also said that God lives within us. Is that true too?" Again the mother replied, "Yes." "Well, said the girl, "if God is bigger than us and He lives in us, wouldn't He show through?"

Hmmm, I wonder if He shows through me.

2 comments:

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

that's cute!

CML_Shearings said...

I've heard this one before & find it convicting each time I hear it. He should shine through each of His own...& He usually does, just not in the ways we would expect sometimes. Take heart. He does show through you.