
This will be my last post for awhile, because tomorrow we'll be flying to Florida to visit our longest-known friends--Marcia and Scott Brown. Marcia and I have been friends since high school days, attending the same church, plus attending Prairie Bible Institute together for a year and a half. Scott and Larry were friends at another church, during their college years, which is also when Marcia and I waltzed into their lives.
Our friendship as a foursome was cemented as we double-dated our way through courtship and engagement, and continued our close relationship on into the years of marriage and parenting, still living near each other for several years. Through all of our moves around the country, we've never lost touch with each other, and have visited in each other's homes several times in the various places we've lived. So, this visit with them in Florida (their new home) will mark 39-42 years of friendship!
Wow! That makes me feel really old! Am I really old enough to have that many years of friendship since high school days??? Nah, can't be! You're only as old as you feel, right? I don't feel anywhere near that old!
If we take our laptop to Florida, I may check in here from time to time, but I don't know if we're taking it or not. We'll be gone for a week's vacation, in the Fort Lauderdale area, and down through the "Keys" to Key West, as well. See ya later, alligator -- Afterwhile crocodile! Toodles!
5 comments:
Have a wonderful time with Scott and Marcia.Vacations are wonderfully refreshing to take.Just don't get too close to those alligators they just might have you for lunch appetizer.Love ya.I love the sunset pictures.Give them my love.
I hope that you enjoy yourself. vacation is always fun. but like my mom say look out for alagators. I heard that like people for a midmorning snakc. lol you are right you are only as old as you feel. age is only a number
What an awesome sky? Have a wonderful trip!
Enjoy your time in Florida with Scott & Marcia. Ron may go home tomorrow. He is seeing better this morning. Two of his three eye medications are done and he is through with the eye guard for the night. We have enjoyed having him live at our home again. Your gorgeous sunset photos fit his stay with us perfectly.
Have fun in Florida Jeannie! Will be thinking about you. Have a great time. Say hi to Marcia and Scott for us.
Post a Comment