

On Monday morning we began the 4-hour drive down through the Florida Keys. Here we are at Key West--only 90 miles from Cuba! Can you believe it? This is the southernmost point of land in the continental U.S.--where the Gulf of Mexico meets the Atlantic Ocean.Here's a fews shots of Key West:






Then, on Tuesday morning, we headed back "home" (to Marcia and Scott's home). Our days were spent mostly relaxing, including time at the beach and around their pool. We also had the fun of attending a Bobby Vinton concert--reminiscing that great ol' Rock 'n Roll music of our dating days.


9 comments:
Wow! Beautiful pictures Jeannie! It's good to know you had such a good, relaxing time, and arrived home safe and sound.
That pool looks pretty inviting!! Of course the beach does too. Wow, what a place they have. Very nice!
Thanks for sharing all the pictures and writing with us.
The sunsets in Florida look surprisingly like the photos you took and shared just before leaving home. The palm trees and other vegetation of course reveal that you are no longer in the NW! What a fun & relaxing time it sounds like you had with your friends.
Welcome home, Mom. Great photos. Hey, thanks for the early card! I am looking forward to a chance to go shopping. Wish you were here to go with me!
Nice trip! You've hit southern points! How about some northern ones?
Ed, maybe someday we'll travel north again, but we really prefer the southerm climate--it suits our mutual need for sunshine and our great desire for warm air and ocean beaches.
We just got back ourselves--from a visit with Doug and Sarah. Sarah had her dance recital--she did good!!! Loved your pictures, and I'm sure you had a great visit with your southern friends. They have a beautiful place. The Keys look interesting! Maybe the next time we are in Florida we might have to take the drive down there. Have a great day! Love ya.
jEANNIE, I WAS CONSIDERING GETTING A PLACE IN KEY WEST OR THAT AREA IN ORDER TO GO SNORKLING IN THE SPRING, FOR A WEEK Did YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT OR WHERE WOULD YOU SUGGEST GOING FOR THAT? I WAS ALSO CONSIDERING BELIZE?
WANT TO GO WITH US NEXT SPRING? I GREATLY ENJOYED YOUR PICTURES!
SARA
Key West was an interesting place to see--once. Staying overnight is a good thing because there is a lot going on in the evening, down at the waterfront (lots of "street-performers", etc.). I would have enjoyed going out on one of the fun boat excursions, but we didn't take the time for it. I don't know about snorkeling there--we didn't check into it.
Belize is probably a good place to snorkel, although we haven't snorkeled there yet. When we were there we spent our time taking an airboat ride through the "everglades" area -- something I highly recommend, Sara, if you go to Belize.
Wow!Seconded.What a beautiful time you all had down in Florida.I loved seeing all of your pictures Jeannie.Boy would it be wonderful to have a pool like theirs to wake up to every morning.That would be my special place for my coffe cup and bible.What a wonderful way to relax the mind and body each morning or evening.I am envious of your going to see Bobby Vinton and hearing him sing.One thing though,I would like to have seen a picture of Marcia and Scott also.I realize you might have one on here that I haven't gotten to yet.Love ya and sure enjoyed hearing of your nice time in Florida with them.
Post a Comment