It's been a beautiful day here today. I spent several hours outside, working in the yard, soaking up the warm sunshine. It's quickly becoming my new favorite pastime. Once I get outside doing yard work, enjoying the fresh air and warm sunshine, I lose all track of time and simply don't know when to quit--especially since there is no end to yard work! So, whenever you don't find a new post here, just figure I'm enjoying being outside too much to come inside and sit at the computer.
We've enjoyed having Patti (our son's girlfriend) here for the last three days, but now they're headed for the airport for Patti to catch a plane back home to San Diego. It's been such a treat for all of us to have her here, and she hopes to be back at the end of June to go with us to Penticton, B.C. for a family wedding/reunion.
It looks like we may have found a new church home, after seven weeks of visiting around. We've been there for the last two Sundays and feel very comfortable with everything so far. The people are warm and friendly, making us feel right at home very quickly. We plan to continue attending there, unless God directs otherwise. It's called Harvest Community Church (in the Conservative Baptist Association), and is located in the community of Hillsboro--about a 20-minute drive from here. We were hoping to choose a church closer to home, but we both like it enough to make the drive worth it. This past Sunday we had the pleasant surprise of finding that someone Larry works with (and his wife) also attend that church.
This morning we had the unpleasant surprise of finding a water leak in the ceiling of our finished basement, probably indicating a problem with the shower in the master bathroom above it. Oh yikes! It has already caused some damage to the ceiling (and perhaps the floor above it) which will have to be repaired, plus fixing whatever is leaking--not sure how that repair takes place since the source of the problem is under the stall shower!
Well, I guess that's it for a little update from my house.
5 comments:
Ron was just here after test-driving the Dachtler's car. He's finished repairing it & plans to return the car to them tomorrow. Ron had hoped to get it done before his second cataract surgery this coming week. He mentioned how much you and I think alike. After reading your blogs, I agree, although I am not the poet you are. I am enjoying our yard & garden work, as well. There are less insects to bother me in the Spring, too. It's great you have found a church home.
Thanks for your letter Jeannie.
Nope, I didn't say "post".
Because it really is a "communication letter", to all of us you care about and want to communicate.
Yes, it is about "you". It is a genuine way of saying hi and letting us know how you are doing.
And for all you other bloggies
out there in bloggie land. These "letters" need to be responded to. Because if they aren't, we begin to feel very "invisible", and maybe people don't want to hear what we are saying. We are all there, or been there.
Blogging for "attention"?
Nope!
Blogging for "communication"
Thank you Jeannie, I love you!!
I am one of those "worst" ones at not responding when I should.
Jeannie I just wanted to let you know I am trying to do catch up and realize there is alot of it.Be patient with me.I need to get off the computer because of other things needing to get done.I will return as I can.Love you.
Its good to hear you feel you have found a church you can be happy with.We have alot of yard work ahead of us here also.Chuck just bought a new lawn mower and gas edger to use.Its time to get cracking with everything.I am anxious to plant some flowers but hesitate yet for fear of late frost.Working in the yard is a sure way to begin getting tan.
(croak croak)
Post a Comment