The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.
Monday, May 8, 2006
A Preface to What Comes Next
Warning: The post that follows this note has caused some confusion today. It evidently seems to have a negative connotation -- an edge of edgy edginess! So, I want to put your mind at ease even before you read it. I have no idea why it came off the way it did, because I wasn't feeling the least bit down when I wrote it. The thoughts expressed were the result of a statement made to me last week: "It isn't about you--it's about them." This statement was made during a really good, thought-provoking discussion with my son (regarding my difficulties in seeing, or hearing or reading about violence and brutality). It was really a very worthwhile discussion! But, that statement has "haunted" my thoughts for many days, and has come back to me from other sources several times since my son said it. So, I finally decided to blog about it. That's it in a nutshell! Nothing gloomy or depressing in the writing of the following post.
5 comments:
No need for the warning. It was actually a "very good" post! It gave my brain a real work out, which hasn't yet ended.
WARNING!! There will be more comeback from wascally wabbit, unless of course, all this thinking "fry"s "dis wascally wabbits" little itty bitty brain.
Just hold on to your hat. The plane is circling the runway.
It could land at any moment!! (hee hee)
Mom, glad that you and Jim are getting the chance for good, deep discussions.
Glad you're doing well.
Oh, and you're not going to believe how big Fudgey is getting. He's a tank--solid from his soft, sweet head to his generously sized feet. My, oh, my.
I enjoyed the mental work-out with you. I have read the book with that title, but still have some of the same questions as you do.
Well Jeannie now you have wet my appetite.Since I am late in getting into our blogs I am wondering what has happened.Shall I take a moment and read and read again trying to taste a problem that may or may not have created negative thoughts? Look out I'm coming in for a landing.Comment to follow.Although if it is something that needs my brain to reason out and have decide whether I agree or not it may take awhile.My brain does malfunction sometimes and as I get older my brain doesn't comprehend things as well as they used to.No jokes here needed.Hah...
Post a Comment