The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Bathing Suit Tip

On the day of Summer Solstice, I mentioned bathing suits in my post called "Wednesday Weekly". One blogger commented that she still gets a chuckle out of a bathing suit tip I gave her while we were vacationing together in Hawaii. Another blogger commented, "Do tell!" I responded that I would have to send it to her in an email (which I did). Her emailed response to me: "That is hilarious...your tip is great and I think you should blog it, I really do! Makes you real to the rest of the world!!!"

Hmmmm...not so sure about that! So, I checked with my husband, showing him the letter I had written to give my "tip". He smiled, but shook his head and said, "...not so sure about that...no, I don't think so." I replied, "But, she seems to think so!" He reminded me that "we live in two different parts of the world, with two very different cultures; and in this culture, it would be inappropriate to put that on your blog." So, (trying to be the submissive wife that I'm supposed to be), I've chosen not to put it on my blog.

That does not mean that I am not being real! I AM REAL! (My husband assured me that I'm as real as they get!) What you read on my blog definitely depicts the real me! However, I also try to exercise discretion with my reading audience.

So, if you are interested in knowing my bathing suit tip, feel free to request it by comment here, or send me an email, and I will gladly send it to you, in "brown wrapper", to be enjoyed in the privacy of your own home. (I think my readers already have my email address, but if you are an unknown reader, you're probably out of luck unless you want to leave your email address as a comment here.

5 comments:

CML_Shearings said...

You certainly know how to pique someone's curiosity, Jeannie! I have to find out about that tip now.

Anonymous said...

It's winging its way to you as I write this -- OOPS! I forgot to put it in a "brown wrapper".

Anonymous said...

That's a great one! Thanks. I learned it only a year or two ago, myself. Love, Cary

Anonymous said...

I guess I opened Pandodra's box. Sorry!! However, I think you have received more response from it than a lot of others. The Rinck Family (Bill's brothers and families) are getting together this weekend for a reunion of sorts. We are looking forward to Doug, Sarah and a friend coming, but with his Lawn and Landscape Business, he has to work when the weather is good (they have had rain). Please pray that he will be able to come. The break away would be good for him, and he hasn't seen the rest of the family in a long time. Hope all is well with you and Larry. Love to both of you.

Anonymous said...

I just got back from vacation and Sandy told me of the bathing suit comment, and I guessed it right away...

However, I have a new twist on it... Next time you e-mail Sandy, ask her about it...

Sandy's co-worker,
Marilyn