The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Sunday, June 4, 2006

On This Journey

On this journey, Lord, I pray,
Please guide my thoughts and light my way.

Open my eyes that I may see
truth and insight You have for me.

Open my ears to hear Your voice,
and train me, Lord, to heed Your choice.

Open my mind to know what's best,
and give me strength to stand the test.

Open my heart to long for You,
to seek Your will my whole life through.

To see and hear, to know and do--
in all these things I'll trust in You.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't written you recently--things have been busy here and I just haven't taken the time. I love to read your thoughts and devotions. God is a wonderful guiding light and he is good! Hey--I recognize those pictures. What an awesome sight! Still brings fond memories to my mind. Have a wonderful day. Love ya.

Eagle-eye Di said...

I enjoyed your poem.Thank-you Jeannie.

Mister Ed T said...

It is inspiring. I'm learning more and more that we can relax in God's way even though we don't see very far ahead. Maybe that's what it means to be "Wild at Heart!"

Eagle-eye Di said...

I just reread your post and it touched my heart again.Thank-you.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Awsome poem Jeannie. Thank's for posting it. And I love the pictures you are posting. Very awsome!