The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day To My Dad

My dad has always been and will always be my hero.













Happy Father's Day, Dad! I love you!
Thanks for being such a wonderful dad to your kids!

This is my dad, in whom I am well-pleased!

These are Dad's wonderful friends who are always there for him, and have become an extension of his family. They have taken him into their hearts and homes, surrounding him with loving care at all times.

Thank you, Louis & Cary and Larry & June for taking good care of my dad when I can't be there. I appreciate you more than I can ever tell you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Dad is my hero as well

CML_Shearings said...

Ron isn't my Dad in reality, but he is still a very close friend and hero of ours, too! I loved seeing the photo of your family when everyone was so much younger.

Mister Ed T said...

Yep! looking forward to sitting down with him soon.

Anonymous said...

Good morning Jeannie:

Thanks for sending me your "blog" as you call it. I've heard news people refer to blogging and wondered whatever were they talking about. That was a nice tribute to your dad and I loved the picture of him with all you kids. I don't know where you got the picture of the Levinsons and the Dvoraks but I suspect it must have been at your mother's funeral. Lewis said he had on his winter shirt that he wears at Christmas and the only time Larry wears a jacket is at a funeral or a wedding so putting the two together. . . . . that is the conclusion.

Your dad was very concerned about having to have that second surgery on his eye and I can understand why but it seems to have turned out good. Your dad is easy to be around and it was no problem having him.

Anonymous said...

Hi June,
Yes, your conclusions were right--those two pictures were taken at Mom's funeral.

Anonymous said...

We've been out of town--got back late Monday. We went to Newark, Ohio (for our 41st anniversary) to tour the Longaberger Basket factory. Interesting to see how they are made--all by hand. Gives me a new appreciation as to why they are so expensive. Tuesday at work was catch-up. I enjoyed your tribute to your dad, and Larry. The picture of your family from years ago was neat. Hard to pick out who is who!

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Thanks Jeannie for posting such a nice post about Dad. I love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome -- glad you like it!