The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Rewards That are Worth the Risks

It's been awhile since I've been busily involved with the work of "women's ministries" at church. When we first moved to Oregon two years ago, I was glad for a little break, but I didn't expect my "sabbatical" to last this long. There was occasional involvement during our 18 months at Solid Rock Fellowship, but I've deeply missed being right in the middle of leadership in an active women's ministry program. That was my life for several years, and sitting on the sidelines hasn't been much fun for one who loves serving. Well, now it looks like I'm about to get busy again.

Yesterday I enjoyed meeting with the Director of Women's Ministries at our new church. It felt so good to be discussing ministry involvement and strategic planning again--all such familiar territory to me. I've been sitting it out for far too long, and now I'm ready to get back at it.

So, my "helmet" is in place and securely fastened. I know the risks, and I know the downside, but I also know the rewards, and I'm ready to jump right back in with both feet!

4 comments:

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Such a "cute" little grey mouse! Am very glad he is wearing his helmet! Ouch!!

Love your post Jeannie. I am glad you are getting back involved with the women's ministry. You keep "your helmet" on too!!

CML_Shearings said...

Remember, Jeannie, that you'll need not only your helmet, but all the armor when you enter the "front lines"! Hopefully you won't feel "trapped", but will be used mightily for God's glory.

Mister Ed T said...

I think you need the rest of the armor of God too. The Devil sents some interesting traps. But God gives us the victory in Christ.

Anonymous said...

You have so much to offer, I'm so happy you are going to work with the Women's Ministry. It is also a great way to meet the people of the church. Knowing Larry, it won't be long before he is also involved in ministry. God has given both of you gifts that should not be left dormant.