
Today started out rainy, then turned bright and sunny, and then went back to raining just a bit in the midst of the sunshine. How can you complain about rain when you see this through the raindrops?
It has been a very good day! It began with the fun of getting better acquainted with a new friend, as we spent time together in mutual enjoyment of Bible study and prayer. God does amazing things when you let Him direct the course of your life! Little did I realize what God had in mind when I gave my Mondays to Him, and asked Him to use me and bless me however He wanted to!
After I left Roberta's house, I enjoyed going out for a walk in the sunshine -- such an unexpected treat in the winter here! I took my camera along just in case, but took no pictures. Then, much later in the afternoon, as I was returning from running some errands (without my camera), light rain began to fall as the sun continued to shine brightly in my eyes. I could hardly get home fast enough to grab my camera and walk back up the hill, hoping to catch a glimpse of a rainbow. Sure enough -- as I got to the top of the hill in our neighborhood--there it was! I had time to snap four pictures before it faded. Now the rain has stopped and the sun is still shining brightly! What a nice day!
3 comments:
Beauty in the rain. Yep, there is even "beauty" in the rain. The rainbow being the result, in the sunshine that starts peeking through. Rain that makes the clover so soft and cool to run through. So many memories of the "after" the rain, running barefeet, laughing, trying to avoid the bumble bees that were also trying to peek their heads out from under the clover. So many memories from the "Smith" yard.
Thank's Jeannie for posting your picture. So many memories, that the rainbow brings about. So beautiful!
You're welcome! Thanks for your beautiful comment!
Did you see the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Oh for a pot of gold right about now.Yep the Smith yard back home saw alot of campouts also with us coming in with eyes nearly swollen shut from mosquita bites.
Post a Comment