The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Cure for the Wintertime Blues

Now that the holidays have come and gone, I'm dreamin' of something other than a white Christmas! Every winter, about now, I start gettin' the itch for some sunshine! Endless days of gray, rainy skies, for weeks--no, make that months on-end have worn out their welcome!
I'm dreamin' of sun-drenched, white sandy beaches with palm trees and aquamarine water, bathing suits and snorkle sets, luaus and sunset dinners in open air restaurants, endless days of sunshine . . .
I hear that "Dreams come true in blue Hawaii..."Off to dreamland . . . sweet dreams!

3 comments:

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

I love that song Jeannie. Blue Hawaii! Wow! I could enjoy some of it right about now. Now I have that song on my mind. Maybe I'll meet you there in my dreams tonight. Don't forget your swimsuit and snorkle set.

CML_Shearings said...

When Ron had dinner with us last night, he said you were off to Hawaii. Now I believe him. Louis, having been there in the past, is envious. I am looking forward to the photos you'll forward. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blue......