The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Two's-day

As a take-off from another blog I enjoy, instead of "Three-Things Thursday", how about "Two-Things Tuesday" (or just, "Two's-day")?

1. Two bare feet
This morning I saw my neighbor walking down her driveway to get her newspaper. No big deal, right? But, then I noticed something that made me sit up and take a closer look. She was barefootin' it...in the middle of winter! It's 52 degrees (F) outside this morning (not bad at all for wintertime), but it's quite wet from our drenching rain last night. I began to imagine what it would feel like to go for a little walk outside, in the wintertime, on the cold, wet pavement--barefoot. I began to smile! Sounds like fun! I want to do it! It makes me laugh just to think about doing it! Can you imagine it? Have you ever done it--gone barefoot outside in the wintertime? I dare you to try it...no, I double-dare ya!

2. Two friends together
Today I'm meeting a friend for lunch, which is so enjoyable in itself, but it also means I'm going back to my "ol' stompin' gounds"! I love doing that! As soon as I cross the river, I feel like I'm home, and that brings such a happy feeling! There's just nothin' like "going home", and then when you add the pleasure of getting together with an "old" friend...it's almost like "heaven"! Perhaps that's a bit of an exaggeration, but it's certainly one of my most favorite things to do!

4 comments:

CML_Shearings said...

Loved your title! I have tried the barefoot in the snow idea. It's "ok" for a few seconds. A few minutes invites frostbite in our neck of the woods, however. By-the-way, Thanks for calling us about Andy's fall. It is always a joy to serve our brothers (& sisters).

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Cute post Jeannie!! Hummmm??? Barefoot in the Winter? Let me see. Ok, maybe I'll try it!!

Anonymous said...

I'll do it if you'll do it. Of course, you've got snow and I don't--ha ha!

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Snow???? Where? We are all brown up here, except for "sciffings" of snow. Looks like confectioners sugar on top of brownies. Yuk!! I would like a "foot" of that white fluffy stuff. Of course, with the warmer temp. to go along with it.