The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Things heard from my Heavenly Father... through my cat

Every now and then...actually, quite frequently, now that I stop and think about it...I have conversations with my favorite little furry friend. Her name is Pretzel
(a story in itself).


Usually it goes something like this:

1. "Well, good morning, little friend, can't you let me sleep just a little longer? Are you sure you need breakfast right this minute?"

2. "Oh, Pretzel....can't you just leave me alone for a little while....I'm busy! I've got a life of my own, ya know! Go bother someone else for awhile!"

3. "Are ya keepin' an eye on my birdies for me?" I'll bet you wish you were outside "playing" with them, dontcha?"

4. "Outside, Pretzel...c'mon, Baby, you can do it! Be brave, little one!"

But, then, there are other times that I say something to her, and then instantly recognize the voice of the Father (Father God, that is), speaking to me, reminding me of the same thing I just said to my cat...such as:

1. "Well you little rascal . . . you know you're not supposed to do that! But, even when you're bad, I still love you."

2. "Even though you don't choose to cuddle up with me very often, I sure do love you and enjoy taking care of you."

3. "You don't understand much of what I say to you, do you? That's okay, little one...I understand that your ears just weren't made to comprehend my words."

4. "Sometimes you don't make very good choices! Maybe that's because your brain is only the size of a pea! (Such a tiny head can only hold a tiny brain.)"

Now, here's the funny thing:
I actually wrote most of this post a few weeks ago, and had not planned to post this one until next week (had already chosen the date)! Tonight, as I sat down at the computer to publish another post, and looked through the stuff already written (just waiting to be posted), I got quite a chuckle out of item number 4 above! It's about "choices", which I just talked about in yesterday's post! It wasn't planned this way! I said those words to Pretzel one morning quite awhile ago (during my morning "quiet time"), and instantly heard them come back to me from my Heavenly Father!

Guess that's why God gave me this special little furry friend!

2 comments:

Eagle-eye Di said...

Oh does this sound familiar.We once again have two little such creatures running merrily around the house.One mine and the other one Bryan's.The other morning they we're too early racing after each other across my stretched out body on the bed.Then after awhile I felt the playful little nibbling of Buffy up and down my leg attempting to get my attention some more.I guess they really thought it was one oclock in the afternoon and figured I needed not to be laying there.The references to the Lord are very true as you say.Love you.My cat's name is Linus.Mine a boy,white with a couple of black spots and Bryan's a light tan tiger,female.Bye

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you've got a little furry friend in your life again--their such wonderful little pals!