One week ago today we returned from Hawaii -- sunshine, warmth--temperatures in the low 80's (F), summer clothes, barefoot walks on the beach, playing in the tropical waters. Today the skies are gray (totally overcast), full of drenching rain, and the temperature is in the low 40's (F)--a typical winter day here! Hmmmm . . . I'd like to say, convincingly, "For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." (Philippians 4:11). However, if I get a choice of where I'd like to be most content, I'd take Hawaii (or even Southern California) over the Pacific Northwest any day!Anyone out there who would like to trade places with me? (Oh, did I mention that it rains here most of the year--more days on than off--10 months out of 12?) Most native Oregonians love this weather! One thing we do have going for us here are the rainbows--incredible rainbows--always a reminder to me of God's wonderful promises which can surely be counted on--not always in the way we expect, but in His perfect plan for our lives! Lord, help me to be content in whatsoever state I am in, for your choices are always best for me, and being smack dab in the center of your will is where I really want to be!
6 comments:
I would also take the hot weather and the sunshine any day!!! However, any place that does not have snow is beginning to look a little more delicious with each passing moment. I leave for the land of rain again tomorrow!
Hi Rebecca! Hope you're feeling better! Back to the land of rain again--you 'n me both! I'll join you in the land of hot weather and sunshine--sounds mighty good to me!
Hello Jeannie,
I feel like I know you since I work with your travelling companion, Sandy. My husband, John, and I travelled to Maui many years ago (20 or so) and spent a week there. That is surely one of the most "heavenly-on-earth" places isn't it? We went to many of the same places you guys visited. We always said we'd like to go again, but kids, kids' educations, schedules, funds, etc. seem to get in the way. I'm hoping to see some of the other islands if we go back.
Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. When we went, our main camera malfunctioned. I'm now a scrapbooker and have many years to catch up on...one of them is our Hawaii trip. I hope I could possibly download some of your and/or Sandy's to supplement the few that we were able to use of ours.
Again, thanks for the trip down "Memory Lane"... it sure was a pleasany one!
Your friend in Christ that you didn't know about!
Actually we rather enjoy our days that have been bringing us into the low 40's.Our comments are wow what a mild day to enjoy.A few weeks ago when it was in the mid 40's and the sun was shining brightly my friend and I decided it would be fun to get into our bathing suits and take a picture of us sunning.Unfortunately we were not able to because something else popped up.Today its gray,rainy and fairly mild lacking sunshine which makes the body not want to do much but maybe snooze alittle too long.I would love anywhere it is in the seventies right now.We need a sunomee.I do think I butchered that word but I think you catch my drift.It sounds like umbrella weather on your end of the world almost year round.You need a umbrella for each color in the rainbow and then maybe one that is stripped with all the colors togeather.
Hi Marilyn -- welcome! What a nice surprise to have a newcomer pop in here! It's always a delight to meet a "new friend in Christ"! I'm so glad you enjoyed the Hawaii pictures, and, yes, please help yourself to any of the pictures that you want to copy. After I got these pictures posted on my blog, my husband did some computer enhancement to our entire file of photos from this vacation, which made me wish I had waited to post the edited photos. If there are any photos that you would like to see the enhanced version, let me know. You can get my email address from Sandy.
Hi Dianne! Your comments made me laugh out loud! You know, you have never stopped making me laugh, since we were kids at home together! Keep it up, Sis!
Post a Comment