As I begin this new year, I'm realizing anew that life is all about choices! If there is only one "New Year's resolution" I choose to make, it would be this -- that I would choose correctly, according to God's choices for my life, because that's the path of a joyful journey!
The choices God prescribes for me:
- "Choose life..." (Deuteronomy 30:19)
- "Choose to love the LORD your God and to obey Him and commit yourself to Him..." (Deut.30:20)
- "Choose [God's] instruction..." (Proverbs 8:10)
- "Choose understanding..." (Proverbs 16:16)
- "Choose to do God's will..." (John 7:17)
- "Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve..." (Joshua 24:15)
Those are the choices I WILL make because of
the choices that God has already made for me:
- "...the LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be His people, His treasured possession."
(Deuteronomy 7:6) - "...the people HE chose for His inheritance..." (Psalm 33:12)
- "...you did not choose ME, but I chose you, and appointed you to go..." (John 15:16)
- "...I have chosen you out of the world..." (John 15:19)
- "...HE chose us in Him before the creation..." (Ephesians 1:4)
- "...God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved..." (Colossians 3:12)
- "...from the beginning God chose you..." (II Timothy 2:13)
- "...you are a chosen people,...a people belonging to God..."
(I Peter 2:9)
The wisdom in the choices:
- "Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, that you and your descendants might live! Choose to love the LORD your God and to obey Him and commit yourself to Him, for He is your life." (Deuteronomy 30:19,20)
- "And so, my children, listen to ME, for happy are all who follow my ways. Listen to my counsel and be wise. Don't ignore it. Happy are those who listen to ME, watching for ME daily at my gates, waiting for ME outside my home! For whoever finds ME finds life and wins approval from the LORD." (Proverbs 8:32-35)
- "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)
Since God has already chosen me to belong to Him, and has already made choices for my life according to what He knows is best for me, that makes my choices easy! I'll just choose His choices!
P.S. "We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps." (Proverbs 16:9)
"Those who trust the LORD will be happy." (Proverbs 16:20)
Hmmmm...let me think about this for a sec...
Simply by trusting God and choosing His ways and His plan for my life, I will be happy! What could be better than that?
No comments:
Post a Comment