A new beginning in my walk with You,
Out with the old and in with the new!
The past behind me—it’s now gone from view,
So out with the old—in with the new!
Out with the old and in with the new!
The past behind me—it’s now gone from view,
So out with the old—in with the new!
A new beginning is all that You see,
What happened before, erased from me!
I'll start life anew—from sin I'm set free,
With all my failures erased from me!
What happened before, erased from me!
I'll start life anew—from sin I'm set free,
With all my failures erased from me!
A new beginning—today's a new day;
A fresh start with You, Lord—have your way!
No matter what comes, remind me to pray,
and start fresh with You—Lord, have your way!
A fresh start with You, Lord—have your way!
No matter what comes, remind me to pray,
and start fresh with You—Lord, have your way!
A new beginning—it's now time to grow;
Change and renewal—may it be so!
Your work in my heart—my life to show
Change and renewal—Lord, make it so!
Change and renewal—may it be so!
Your work in my heart—my life to show
Change and renewal—Lord, make it so!
A new beginning—a gift from your hand,
New blessings today—-you've already planned!
All footprints before, now washed from the sand,
Lord, bless me today with all that You've planned!
New blessings today—-you've already planned!
All footprints before, now washed from the sand,
Lord, bless me today with all that You've planned!
A new beginning You've given to me.
A new beginning—from my past I'm free!
A new beginning is all that I see--
A new beginning—in my walk with Thee!
A new beginning—from my past I'm free!
A new beginning is all that I see--
A new beginning—in my walk with Thee!
I wrote this poem a few years ago for my sister (per her request, for ministry purposes). Several months ago I remembered it and copied it into my blog, planning to post it on January 1st as an appropriate way to ring in the new year. When I quit blogging a few months ago (and didn't know if I would ever return to it), I thought perhaps this post would never actually be published.
Now, with my decision to resume blogging, it doubles as a reminder of "new beginnings". I love new beginnings! How totally refreshing and energizing they are for me! A new year...a new season of life...a new start!
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." (Ecclesiastes 3:1)
For me...a new season has begun!
Today is the first day of a brand new year -- a brand new beginning!
7 comments:
Rxcellent thoughts. In Christ we have the only solution for the past, the only hope for the future and the fullest joy for the present!
The wonderful thing about God is that He is not only the God of New Beginnings, He is the God of U-turns...now that is something for you to write about! Because you are good at writing, not for any other reason!!!!!!
Happy New Year....
Thanks, Ed and Rebecca!
U-turns... Yup! U-turns are allowed in our journeys. God even encourages them when we've gone the wrong way. (I'll put some more thought into a future post.)
I remember when you wrote this for Colleen.I loved it then and have enjoyed seeing it in here again to remind me of this being how we should begin our year anew.Thank-you Jeannie.I am going to print this out and keep it in my room to refresh my heart and spirit.I needed to reread this poem,thank-you.
You're welcome!
What an "Awsome Post" Jeannie. Thank you so much. The picture and poem go so great together. I am so thankful that you decieded to come back in. I have missed you. It is a very special poem. I love you! Sorry about my "late" response. I haven't been by a computer for the last while.
Better late than never! Welcome back, Sis! Hope you had a great time with Suzanne and Thomas.
Post a Comment