The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Sunday, January 8, 2006

Here's to Mondays!

(click on picture to enlarge)
I used to dread Mondays--especially Monday mornings! I was always all outta steam after the craziness of the weekend "adventures", and the break in the routine of my weekdays. But now, Mondays have become a day I look forward to!
I can hardly wait for them to come back around each week!
I've designated Mondays as my day to refresh and renew...anything and everything that needs it (including me)!

I love it! It's actually fun to go around the house, from room to room--watering plants, putting stuff back in it's place, refilling containers of...(whatever), plus spending time outside refilling my bird feeders and squirrel feeder!

A big plus to this plan is that, since I now do all the refilling stuff as a regular weekly task, I don't have the frustration of opening a container of something, when I'm in a big hurry, only to find it empty or nearly empty when I really don't have the time to refill it!

Another benefit of this new routine on Mondays is that I no longer squander the first half of the day wondering what to do first with the start of a new week. I used to find it hard to jump into anything useful on Monday morning, because I was a bit out of sorts from the weekend, and just unable to decide where to start!

Call me strange, but I really find it enjoyable and satisfying to refresh and renew my world, even in the simplest of ways! Of course, it all starts with me (my "Quiet Time")--in my special spot, with my focus on Jesus--letting Him refresh and renew my soul.

Monday moodiness was my usual mindset, but now Mondays actually serve a good purpose in my life--something other than the day to rest up after the weekend! So, no more moody or mundane Mondays!

Oh, why the picture of an eagle? It's my symbolic reminder of how God renews my strength when I'm weary -- for those Mondays when I still feel too blah to get up and get going!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

(This photo was taken by my daughter, at the Portland Zoo, last Spring.)

CML_Shearings said...

My how creativity runs in your family! What a great way to start off a week!

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Awsome post, Jeannie. Thank's. I love the picture of the Eagle. One of my favorite songs "They That Wait Upon The Lord" One that was in the Praise and Worship line up of songs quite often on Sunday Mornings.

Anonymous said...

Eagles are very special to me, (and, of course, they are to Eagle-Eye Di too). I love the thought of rising of like eagles, or soaring on the wings of an eagle!