The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Seeing is Believing!

In case you haven't noticed it yet, there is a new addition to my blog. It's a nifty little weather box, provided by "The Weather Channel". I noticed it on my daughter's blog yesterday, and immediately wanted it on my blog. It seemed like a very cool little item to have handy for my readers to be able to see what kind of a day it is at my house.

I was quite pleased with my new little e-weather gadget -- that is, until this morning.

Here I was, marveling at what a beautiful day it appeared to be today -- bright, gorgeous sunshine in a beautiful blue, cloudless sky. I was all excited about it until I clicked into my blog and took a look at my weather reporter, which told me that it was 38 degrees (Fahrenheit) and cloudy.
I turned my head and looked out the window at the sky . . . bright blue without a cloud in sight! Then I went to look at the thermometer which hangs just outside my front door . . . it said 43 degrees!

So, I grabbed my camera to prove I wasn't just desperately imagining a beautiful day. Sure enough -- it's exactly as I thought it was, despite what the weatherman says. Oh well! It just goes to prove you can't believe everything you read -- seeing is believing!
On second thought . . .
One exception to "seeing is believing" is the fact that faith is not by sight, but just the opposite. Faith is believing what God says (what we read in the Bible), but haven't yet seen with our own eyes.

"Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." (Hebrews 11:1) "Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." (John 20:29)

7 comments:

Eagle-eye Di said...

Hey I want one of those there weather boxes.Thats a nice new addition to these blogs.Can you help me out? Taking things by faith and not by sight is what we are to be able to do in having the Lord as our Saviour and Guide.It can be very hard at times.Actually it might be alittle easier for Dan because he isn't able to take things by sight anyway.This morning is bright and sunny with a temp to climb to 63 degrees.Tomorrow it is supposed to get to 70.Bring on the bathing suits,a tan is needed badly for this white body of mine.Here come the sun,Here come the sun,Here,Here,Here,Here,Here come the sun.Hee Hee

Eagle-eye Di said...

Thanks Jeannie.The weather forcast just confirmed my thought that it must have gotten warm out.I haven't been out since I got back from looking at kittens about 1:00 oclock.I sat on the blog for awhile,got busy with laundry,and then started doing easter eggs as soon as RuthAnn came out from being down with her nap time.Now I have just put one load of laundry away,put another one in the washer,will be taking Dan to his Toastmasters Club and then getting ready to go out for my ladies nite out with Annette and Debby.Love ya and appreciate what you just did for me.I was going to lay out for sun tanning tomorrow morning but have just been informed I will be taking Dan for his cat scan instead.No its not "cat scanning' for kitties.Love one and all.

Montana Sherry C said...

Mom, I was equally frustrated with my new little weather box this morning, as it likewise told my readers of clouds and cold temps that I couldn't find outside! Oh, well.

Actually, the day ended up flip-flopping several times between cold, cloudy and windy; and warm and sunny. How could the Weather Channel possibly keep up with a typical Spring day in Montana?

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

We had beautiful weather outside today, despite what the "weather" looked like inside my Wally Mart Store today. Ed came to pick me up and I had my jacket on that I have been wearing all winter, and he said, "you think you'r gonna need that?" And I said, "well, the weather is just fine in the store"! I don't know till I come out the store to see what it is like. It don't change on the inside!

But we did drive thru an area close to home last nite that had lots of snow.

My tulips are coming up, "despite" the cooler weather we have up here. I am so excited!! Yea!!!

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Hey, I want one of those little weather box's too!! It will show you the comparison. (hee hee)

Can I Jeannie? Can I??

How did you get Dianne one?

Mister Ed T said...

Don't leave me out! After all, I'm an ol' farm boy and to farmers weather is everything!

Anonymous said...

I don't have a weather box, but I do make good use of AOL's hour by hour forcast...just like the TV, it is often wrong as well...but that is all part of the fun! Your garden looks beautiful!!