
Tulips are one of my favorite flowers, but lilacs are what I most enjoy sticking my nose into! Hmmmmm....how I love that fragrance!
When we moved from our home in Vancouver, Washington, I was sad to leave my lilac bushes behind, but I guess God knows how much I love lilacs! Lo and behold...He gave me another home with a lilac bush--bigger than I had before! While we've been enjoying all the other spring flowers in our yard, I've been keeping a close eye on my lilac bush (a tree actually), just waiting for the right time to bring some of those wonderful blossoms inside. Larry surprised me last night by placing a bouquet on the kitchen table after he mowed the lawn. That wonderful fragrance now fills our home!
On a different note . . .
Yesterday was a turning point for us in our frantic search for a new church home. As I was reading the blog of a family in ministry--Christian Associates International (the family I mentioned in yesterday's post),
I felt strongly that perhaps we should turn away from the focus of simply finding a new church home as soon as possible. It seemed that, instead, we should use this time of being "detached" as a time to simply enjoy visiting other churches--for the pure and simple delight of visiting a variety of churches--worshipping among God's family and observing other "communities" of Believers.
When Larry came home from work, we went out for our usual walk in the sunshine before dinner. I mentioned my idea of church "visiting" instead of church "hunting", and he was all for it! My thoughts and his thoughts all fell into place nicely, with complete agreement! So, today I am in a new place of peace with regard to our search for a new church home. When God decides to place us there, that will be soon enough!
Until then, we'll just enjoy visiting and worshipping in new places --
taking a deep breath of fresh air in this fragrant new season of life!
4 comments:
Lilacs are my favorite smell, too. They were the deciding factor on the home we bought in Leavenworth, Kansas. We now have two tiny bushes, received for our 25th wedding anniversary, growing up just outside our bedroom window. We just open the window when the bushes are in bloom and breathe in the wonderful fragrance all night.
Now that's what I call a "melting together" of the brain channel!! That has been my desire for the last couple of years. But Ed has been the one to be content to just stay going to this church that I am "not" so content to sit on the bench in. Thank's Jeannie for putting it all down on paper so well put.
I love Lilacs also. Think it stems from growing up with Lilac Bushes in our yard on Naylor St. We also have a Lilac Bush here at the house.
I love lilacs too. Remember the little bush we gave you when you lived in Lansing? I bet it is huge now. I miss our lilacs--we have a Canadian lilac (pink), but it isn't like the old-fashioned, purple, fragrant lilacs. We don't have a good place to plant a lilac bush that can grow the way it is intended--without trimming. Was surprised the other day to read you were looking for another church. God will direct you in that matter. We will pray you will find a place you can be happy at.
I love this picture Jeannie
Post a Comment