The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Endless Days of Sunshine!

Lately we have been enjoying warm temperatures and clear blue skies. These seemingly "endless days of summer" have been a wonderful treat for the end of April! Today I met a couple of friends (Karen and Joan) for lunch and enjoyed eating outside in the glorious sunshine--in summer clothing!
Yesterday afternoon Larry and I soaked up the sunshine while strolling through "Crystal Springs" in Portland. It's a very beautiful garden, full of foot paths that meander in all directions beside ponds and rippling brooks, surrounded by flowering bushes and trees of all colors and varieties. Just think--this is only a tiny taste of our heavenly paradise!

4 comments:

CML_Shearings said...

For gardeners, those photos of blooming beauty are a treat and inspire me to get to work in my garden. Louis already tried the mini-tiller in the flower garden yesterday. We have our early veggies in the ground already, but wish we could plant other things too. It's too early. Later crops need to wait until "Mothers' Day" in these parts...at least that is the rule of thumb my folks always went by so their garden crops escaped the frost.

Eagle-eye Di said...

What a beautiful place for a stroll.Our weather for the moment is on the chilly side.This coming week it is supposed to warm up alittle again.I have started on my tan but am not getting too far with it yet.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful!!

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

"Beautiful Awsome" Scenery here!! It does create alittle "envy" "jealousy" etc. in your sister. My heart has always been alittle sad that I left all that beauty and weather behind me. I have beauty around me in the North, but a much different kind of beauty. But my heart still crys for the "cabin on the river, or lake", and the beauty of the flowers around me.

"Shame On Me"!! I am supposed to be "Content"!! Dianne? How's that firepit going? Any hotdogs left??