The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Another Nice Day With Friends

Today was a day spent with friends -- almost the entire day!

First, I met Karen for lunch at a Mongolian Grill -- ummmm good stuff! Then we went to the theatre, where Julie joined us to see "Take the Lead". Pretty good movie too! It was a really good visit with Karen, and then a fun time for the three of us together! (Today's get-together was planned by Karen and Julie while I was in Montana--a fun little treat I've had to look forward to.) Our last time of fun together as a threesome was an overnighter at Julie's house -- kinda like a mini-retreat, just for the three of us. What fun we've had together!!!
(This picture was taken a year ago at a women's retreat we attended.)

This evening Larry and I got together with Julie and her husband Tom, for dinner at an Italian restaurant -- ummmm more good stuff! This has become almost a monthly dinner get-together for the four of us (3rd time tonight). It's fun to see it become a habit.

Oh! I almost forgot! My day actually began with an extra special treat -- a phone call from someone who has had a special place in my heart for several years, someone that Larry and I lovingly call our "adopted daughter" (Jen Beatty)--the one who gave me Pretzel (my cat) thirteen years ago. Last night, just before falling asleep, I thought of her and realized it had been quite a while since I had last been in touch with her (4-1/2 months). When she called this morning, she said basically the same thing to me. Amazing! Sometimes you just can't help but know God is in it! I love it when that happens!

Good weather, good company, good food, good movie, good friends . . .
It all added up to a very nice day indeed!

1 comment:

Eagle-eye Di said...

It sounds like you all enjoyed your time out togeather.I need to begin doing something like this once in awhile.Val and Carl will be moving to Florida this August so I will need to develope another friendship.Sandy and Dick will be coming back from spending their winter in Florida soon if their not back already.Love ya.