It was a good trip, a wonderful visit with family and friends, but there's just nothing as satisfying as coming home to my own place and being reunited with the man who loves me dearly!
The last few hours of the 10-hour drive was very wearying, through pouring rain, poor visibility, high winds, and moderately heavy traffic. Once I even said aloud, "Lord, I don't know how I can keep going." My nerves had turned to mush, but I kept going, very eager to get home and off the road.
When I finally arrived, I walked around in my quiet, empty house, looking at everything so familiar to me, just soaking up the welcoming warmth of the place I most enjoy being--the place I call "home". Even the rain didn't detract from my feeling of peace and serenity. Although my husband wasn't home from work yet, I was greeted by a beautiful bouquet of a dozen long-stemmed yellow roses he had lovingly placed on the kitchen table to welcome me home.
It's been terribly gray and rainy here today, but it's still nice to be home. I love to hit the road, but I love even more the coming back home. This is where I rest the best. This is where I spend my time being held in loving arms--by the sweetest arms of all. This is where I totally unwind and relax. This is where I belong.
There's just no place like home.
4 comments:
Wow,that was very loving and thoughtful of Larry to have flowers waiting to greet you.I'll bet they put a very big smile on your face and in your heart.As in the Wizard of Oz There Is No Place Like Home.
So glad you made it home safely. Sorry the Gorge was so nasty!
We really enjoyed your visit, especially our afternoon at the Olde Coffee Mill.
When are you coming back?
Welcome Home to your own place. Glad though that you had a good trip, and that you made the last leg of the journey - angels must have carried you!
There's No Place Like Home! There's No Place Like Home!!
Humm??? I think I agree!!
Post a Comment