Well, today has been a very interesting day, and a very good day!
It began with some email correspondence with a blog friend, Rebecca, after she let me know about a friend of hers who is in the process of moving here (to the Portland area). Of course, that perked my ears up right away! I'll be checking that out and getting in contact with them as soon as possible.
That big excitement had to be put on hold while I took off for Vancouver first thing this morning, to visit with my "adopted daughter" Jen.
I enjoyed spending several hours with her and her youngest son. We made plans for their family to join us on Mother's Day.
Since arriving back home in mid-afternoon, I've done lots of reading -- (the blog of the family who is moving here), letting some good stuff sink in. It all makes me wonder what in the world God might be up to in my life! Well, I guess time will tell.
In the meantime, Larry and I continue to wait on Him for His direction in our search for a new church home. So far, there is no indication of where He is leading us. We went through this same thing two years ago -- it was hard then, and it is hard now. We can only wait on Him, trying to patiently wait and trust Him for His direction. Meanwhile, we feel very detached and confused. In time, we know He'll make it plain to us, but for now . . . we wait and watch for signs of His leading.
1 comment:
that is amazing that your son goes to "that" church!!!!!
Post a Comment