Yesterday was such a beautiful day, we just couldn't resist eating dinner on the deck -- first time this year.On both Monday and Tuesday evenings we have taken full advantage of the sunshine and warm temperatures, going out for a walk as soon as Larry got home from work. Last night, as we were returning home, I suggested that we should eat dinner outside somewhere. Larry quickly replied, "The deck would be good--I'll wash the table off when we get home." (I was thinking "dinner out" -- not just outside our back door.)
So, "dinner out" was "dinner on the deck." It was lovely! We dwaddled there for a long time, soaking up the sunshine and the view from our deck. It's nice living here, despite the rain. It's green and beautiful, with lots of spring flowers, plus bushes and trees already in bloom. What a treat to have such nice weather in April!
I know I complain a lot about the rain, but it's where God has planted me for now, so I guess I might as well enjoy the benefits of my surroundings. Maybe we just need to eat dinner out more often.
5 comments:
What delicious sunshine...the evening sun is so comforting! (Oh yes, and delicious!!)
Planted---hmmm---guess that means "rain" to grow! Sure looks like you are in the right place.
All sun and no rain makes a desert! We are envious of dinner on the deck, although it was 60ish and sunny here today.
April Showers Bring May Flowers! I had to help our weather out alittle tonight. I have kept expecting it to rain alittle for my tulips, (or snow, or something) but not a thing. And our ground is getting pretty dry, and I only have 44 tulips out of "many, many" that I planted. Many more than at the trailer. So I told Ed that if it rained, it would be my fault. I both washed our car, and watered my tulips!! Bring On The Rain!!
Hi Larry,I sure do love you.Sitting on the deck enjoying each other is beautiful.Hey Colleen you and Ed should build a deck on the back of your house.It should be a piece of cake for Ed to do.I enjoy my front deck now and then.Larry I love you and Jeannie.
Post a Comment