The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

O Happy Day!

Before I was out of bed this morning, before I was fully awake, Larry softly greeted me: "He is risen!"
My quick reply, sleepily mumbled: "He is risen indeed!"

As I arose from my bed and walked to the bathroom, instantly my heart was filled with song:

"Up from the grave He arose, with a mighty triumph o'er His foes;
He arose a Victor from the dark domain,
and He lives forever with His saints to reign;
He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose!"

Yes! My Lord is risen indeed, and because He lives I can face tomorrow.

God sent His son -- they called Him Jesus;
He came to love, heal, and forgive;
He lived and died to buy my pardon;
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow;
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future;
And life is worth the living just because He lives.


God loved the world so much that He gave His only Son (to die on the cross--to pay the penalty for my sin); and whoever believes on Him (acknowledging that Jesus died in his/her place) will not perish (in Hell), but will have everlasting life (in heaven).

He is risen! He is risen indeed!

Happy Easter to One and all!

6 comments:

Eagle-eye Di said...

Happy Easter to all of you from us on this here end.Yes even though you you had not risen yet our Lord Jesus Christ did many eons ago.We came up to Sparta Baptist Church to have time with Annette and Earl and to celebrate Emma's second birthday.Love to you all.My laptop is still down so I haven't been on the computer for some time again.Hopefully it won't be down much longer.

Montana Sherry C said...

Happy Easter, Mom. I hope you had a really nice day, celebrating our risen Lord.

Anonymous said...

Praise to God from whom all blessings flow. We who receive his grace and pardon should be most grateful--as you display in word and actions. Bill and I gratefully accept what he has done for us too. He is risen!! He is risen, indeed!!

Glad to see you back on the web. I missed your encouraging words.

Great that you had such a good visit with family. Sorry about the drive home. Long drives are something I will never do. What a sweet husband to welcome you home with flowers--especially roses! I know exactly what you mean about coming home after being gone for a while. Home surely does "feel" good! Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

He is Risen indeed.

Mister Ed T said...

Welcome home and "Happy Easter" We spent the weekend with Suzanne, Thomas, Brian and Makyla and their family. Church was awesome. There were two baptisms with very unique testimonies. One was a truck driver who was evagelized through Christian radio and came to Suzanne's church because "Church of God" said it all. The other was a teen-age girl who was "smuggled" to church by her Christian friend who lead her to the Saviour.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Happy Easter To One And All!!