Even better than my delight in red skies at night,
is my delight that my two grandkids are coming for a visit!
is my delight that my two grandkids are coming for a visit!
Tomorrow the fun begins! Saturday morning we'll head out for a nice long drive (like, all day long), and half-way through the trip, a two-some will turn into a foursome! We'll be driving to central Oregon, to a place called "Wildhorse Canyon" (near Antelope, about 4 - 4-1/2 hours from here), to the Young Life ranch where our daughter and son-in-law will spend a week with their bunch of high schoolers. (They are directors of a "Young Life" group in Montana.)
We have lots of plans already set for a week of fun with our grandkids, (including an overnight camping trip at the ocean), and this grandma can hardly wait for it all to begin! We had a week with the grandkids last year also, so I'm already filled with excitement as I remember how much we enjoyed it!
So, if you don't see much new posting going on here next week, just know that I'm out and about everyday, trying to have as much fun as I can possibly fit into one week -- the one and only week of a whole year that we get our grandkids all to ourselves!
Yea! Let the fun begin!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update on our "broken" laptop: It seems to have succombed to either dementia or alzheimers (sometimes its hard to tell the difference). It has either lost its memory or its mind--or has a mind of its own that we can't figure out! Perhaps it's just fed up with the internet and refuses to have anything further to do it! Larry plans to completely empty the hard drive and start over from scratch. If that doesn't work, we'll sign the death certificate and buy a new one.
Oh my...my philosophical mind could easily take off on this one! Sometimes, something just doesn't work right anymore and must be dumped! No matter what you try, it just can't be fixed, so you just have to throw it away! You know, like an old pair of shoes that has a hole in the sole, or they're just not comfortable any more. Well, I guess if the problem is that they just don't fit well any more, they might not need to be thrown in the trash--you could just give them away--they might be a good fit for someone else. But, who would want a broken computer--one that is continually problematic because it has lost its ability to think straight? Of course, it might be good for laughs! On the other hand, it might cause nothing but constant frustration and irritation, in which case it's probably best to get rid of it! Wow! I guess I should have written a separate post for this subject!
Welcome to "Jeannie's Salt and Pepper Shaker"! Hmmm...I feel a whole new blog idea coming on... Oh, no! Not another blog! Help! Somebody, quick, please tie my hands behind my back and drag me away from this computer!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LATE NIGHT BREAKING NEWS -- THIS JUST IN:
The laptop computer has been completely emptied of itself, reloaded with all the essentials, and is now up and running -- alive and well again.
It has reconnected with the internet, plus the virus protection and firewall are back in place, keeping us safe from all the bad guys out there in cyberspace! (Guess we'll keep it around for awhile longer.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





4 comments:
Great pics of the sunset. And am glad the laptop could be resucitated (spelling?). Enjoy the grand kids.
Proof positive that the laptop is alive and well (well getting better at least). We will be leaving to pick up the kids in just a little while. Can't wait.
So who's computer were you using,Jim's? Just wondered.My laptop went down just a short while back and Chuck bought a new one for me.This is a different computer then the one I had just been given for my birthday,before you arrived here Jeannie.I love your sunset pictures.Enjoy your grandkids.We pulled back in at our house at 1:00am our time sunday morning and the following friday we had all the granddaughters here for the weekend.They enjoyed alittle time for the frazzeled nerves that had received while they had become a family of four daughters.They are all like sisters.They all look alike and stair step down from one another.Emma,Annette's youngest daughter had begun calling RuthAnn,Sissie.
Beautiful sunset--those are few and far between here--and usually when I don't have a camera available because I'm on the road from Lansing shopping.
I just know you will enjoy yourself with the g-kids!! Sounds like you are planning on lots of fun activities (some you haven't even thought of yet). Be sure to tire them out (in the process you will be exhausted, but the good kind of exhaustion)! Your house will seem so empty when they leave.
Post a Comment