Larry and I picked almost nine pounds of raspberries this afternoon--not bad for about an hour of picking (including a little eating as we picked)! The yellow ones are "Anne" berries (with just a hint of apricot flavor), and the red ones are "Willamette" berries. Both of these are the sweetest of the local raspberry varieties . Mmmmm, mmmm, good!
The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.
Saturday, July 8, 2006
Just the Berries!
Larry and I picked almost nine pounds of raspberries this afternoon--not bad for about an hour of picking (including a little eating as we picked)! The yellow ones are "Anne" berries (with just a hint of apricot flavor), and the red ones are "Willamette" berries. Both of these are the sweetest of the local raspberry varieties . Mmmmm, mmmm, good!
4 comments:
What a pick!! Can I have some??
That must have been alot of picking to have 9 pounds of raspberries.
Awsome looking berries
Looks delicious. Brings back memories of my boyhood days picking wild berries for Mom to can or make into pies or for us to have for supper with real (Cow) cream!
Looks like a feast to me!
Yummy!
Post a Comment