The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Wednesday, February 8, 2006

On Top of Spaghetti

We just finished eating supper -- spaghetti. As we got up from the table, Larry began to sing -- the first line of a song we hadn't thought of or heard in years. I immediately added the second line, him the third, and so on, but after the first few lines neither of us could remember the rest of it. In the middle of cleaning up the kitchen it came to me.

Anyone remember the old song: "On Top of Old Smokey"?
Sing the following words to that tune.

On top of spaghetti, all covered with cheese,
I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed.
It rolled off the table and onto the floor,
and then my poor meatball rolled out of the door.

It rolled in the garden and under a bush,
and then my poor meatball was nothing but mush. (rhyme with bush)
So, if you like spaghetti all covered with cheese,
hang onto your meatballs, and don't ever sneeze!

Did you enjoy that? You're welcome! I always enjoy the opportunity to give you a little chuckle and put a smile on your face! Laughter is good for the soul, you know!

3 comments:

Mister Ed T said...

Yep! Laughter is the cheapest (and often the best) medicine!

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Yep, I sure do remember. I even sang it with my guitar, for Ron and Jen a week ago. How bout that?! I hadn't thought of it in a long while either.

Eagle-eye Di said...

Yep I often break into singing that song.Love that song.