After Deb left, I grabbed my camera and walked back up the street to get a picture of the crocuses I had seen. As I continued walking, I discovered more and more signs of spring in my neighborhood, which I hadn't noticed before.



I've been diligently watching my front yard for the first spring blossoms to appear. (Last fall we planted over 150 spring flower bulbs--in the rain!) Although lots of green shoots have poked their heads up through the dirt, there's been no sign of flowers yet. So, upon returning home, I stopped to do a closer inspection of my yard, fully expecting to find at least one little crocus bloom, but no, not a one!
As I stood there, contemplating my own barren front yard, I noticed that one of my bird feeders was absolutely swamped with little birds. I was instantly moved from disappointment into spell-bound wonder! Seldom do I see even one bird on that feeder (and had never seen more than one bird on it at a time), but at that moment it was completely covered, like bees swarming a beehive! Many of the birds flew as I changed positions to get a picture of it, but some of them paid no attention to me or the sound of my camera. Can you find the bird feeder? It's in a tree on the far right side of the above picture -- a little square wire cage that holds a block of suet. Here's a couple of close-up views (click to enlarge):

I wish you could have seen the feeder before the pictures were snapped--it was just unbelievable how the birds totally covered all view of the feeder itself. These little guys were hungry, and weren't about to be scared away from their food, even though there were three other feeders hanging just a short distance from that feeder!
Must be something in the air...I do believe, in my little neck o' the woods -- spring has sprung!
5 comments:
Hey! No fair! I want spring too. I think we have 2 months of winter yet, around here. I guess that's what I get for living in the North country. I am glad for you. I'm sure it was an awsome walk, and more awsome seeing the God's signs of Spring. Cool!!
Yep! It's "cool" up here yet. But our springs comin - ummmmm?? eventually. But when it comes, it will be here to stay! (I think) Only God really knows for sure in this North Country.
Hi Jeannie,
Got your blog sight, and went thru your gorgeous Hawaii photos, Haleaka Sunrise-wow!, your yard photos, crocus photos, and some of your writings. So you've started a Bible study with Roberta on Mondays. How like you! I enjoyed my time with you and appreciated your opening up as you did. I always appreciate when you open up about your more difficult times in your life. It makes me feel closer to you, friend! Love you and love your blog!----Brenda
Welcome Brenda! How fun to find a newcomer here! I'm so glad you decided to take a look and leave a comment. Hope to see you in here again sometime.
I always enjoy the times we get together--yesterday was no exception! I miss those weekly visits we used to have.
Love you too, friend!
Well, Deb, that secret coffee formula will probably have to remain a secret, because it was my own blended concoction (of 3 different coffees)--blended in a way that I didn't keep track of! Sorry! Too bad I didn't realize how good it would be! C'mon over again soon and I'll try again!
Just two days ago I discovered some crocus deciding to spring from their winter's nap.I stood there scolding them and placed their fall leaf cover back over them.Its too early for them to be peeking out of the dirt.I just told them I was doing it their own good.Back bulbs Back!
Post a Comment