I grabbed my robe and camera, and rushed right out the back door, hoping to capture the scene. I took a few pictures, but the skim of ice was so transparent, the camera just couldn't capture what my own eye could see.
Trying to get the best view for the camera lens, I knelt down (without looking below me), only to quickly realize that I had just knelt right down into the snow!
That goofy mistake, combined with the sunbeam drawing my attention to the chaise lounges was all it took to spark a crazy (I mean really crazy!) idea.
When I came back into the house and told Larry my idea, he said, "Honey, this could get you locked up in the looney bin!" I'm not sure if I was blessed or cursed with the gift of very determined wishful thinking.) With a laugh and a quick change of clothing, out I went!

Ahhh, what a life!Then reality hit--instantly, and I came back to my senses!
Yes, I really was sitting in the snow.)
Yes, I really was sitting in the snow.)
So much for soaking up the sunshine on a snowy day!Maybe I'll try again tomorrow--it's supposed to get a little warmer tomorrow.
Well, well, by 5:00 P.M. the temperature had climbed above 50 degrees and the whole scene had changed.

Maybe tomorrow, maybe just maybe . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment