The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Welcome February???

Not so sure if I want to "welcome" February, or not! This is what it looks like outside this morning, and it's supposed to stay this way all week--not even a peek-a-boo of the sun!Okay, okay, I know, you may be thinking. "So what's the big deal? It's winter--deal with it!" But...in Dallas, Texas??? I thought we left this kind of weather behind us when we moved here. Larry is working from home today because FDIC is closed, due to the weather, along with all schools and most other businesses--including the airport. I don't know yet whether I will venture out to my work at DaySpring. (probably not) The roadways are packed with a mixture of ice and snow, which began as heavy sleet. Not exactly the best setting for the Super Bowl, which happens here on Sunday. I feel sorry for all those visitors who were expecting the usual beautiful Dallas weather. Right now, they can't even fly in here!

No comments: