The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"Choose to feel happy..."

While I was in the shower this morning I remembered something my sis said recently. It was good. It was her response to this plea:

"Can someone please tell me how to feel? Cause I don't know how to feel anymore."

Dianne said to her: "Choose to feel happy no matter what the situation. The Joy of the Lord is our strength. Go out and get some praise music CDs and jam them way up on your music system. It's easy to start singing with them which immediately uplifts the feelings. Get together with people who will uplift you."

Those are great "tools" to grab when one's mood is in need of repair--especially when broken by the circumstances of one's own life.

Is the repair job really that simple? The answer, for the one who looks to God for joy and strength, is YES. True joy is not dependant on my circumstances. Joy is a choice I am able to make when I allow God to have His way in my life.

Yes! Be joyful--it beats being happy! Choose joy!

Thanks, Dianne, for your contribution to my blog today.

No comments: