The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Life's a Dance

A song has been playing in my head, ever since writing the post that I wrote earlier today (see below or click here).

"Life's a dance you learn as you go--
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow.
Don't worry 'bout what you don't know--
Life's a dance you learn as you go!"


I don't know how to go about putting into practice all that I wrote about it this morning. It seems like a tall order (a hard "dance" to learn), but it's something I want so much to put effort into. So, I guess I'll just have to learn as I go.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's the song: Life's A Dance
(From the album "LIFE'S A DANCE", by John Michael Montgomery)

When I was fourteen I was falling fast
For a blue eyed girl in my homeroom class
Trying to find the courage to ask her out
Was like trying to get oil from a waterspout
What she would have said I can't say
I never did ask and she moved away
But I learned something from my blue eyed girl
Sink or swim you gotta give it a whirl

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry about what you don't know
Life's a dance you learn as you go

The longer I live the more I believe
You do have to give if you wanna receive
There's a time to listen, a time to talk
And you might have to crawl even after you walk
Had sure things blow up in my face
Seen the longshot, win the race
Been knocked down by the slamming door
Picked myself up and came back for more

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry about what you don't know
Life's a dance you learn as you go

4 comments:

Mister Ed T said...

The "dance" is about progress, not perfection! The Lord leads us along: forgiving, healing, blessing, teching, encouraging.

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts, Ed--you're absolutely right!. Too often I'm discouraged by my failure to get it right (perfect)! Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeannie...LOVE the words to this song - it's great! I think I could do a 'preach' on this one! AND..by the way..when you learn to dance..you only learn a few steps at a time...you add steps and more intricate moves, once your know the basics. Don't try to do it all at once...just start where you are, and let God lead! "Father, which steps are YOU showing me today?' I think that if you just take each day learning the steps He has for you..eventually the dance will be yours! ( And then you get to learn a new one!!)

Anonymous said...

Hey ....was checking out your photo page..and am curious - where is the Canyon in your pictures? Looks exactly like where I grew up in British Columbia.