The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Fun With Fotos

It's amazing what you can do with photo enhancement--using computer programs designed to "fix" fotos. In the group of sunset pictures shown below, the first one is the original--taken this past Sunday night.
(It is the same picture shown in the blog post just before this post.)
Last night, just for the fun of it, to see how I could change the photo,
I enhanced it, using a program called "Picture It" (by Microsoft).

First, I clicked on "Levels Auto Fix", which automatically changed the color tone to a much bluer looking picture. Then I did some manual adjustments to the "brightness" and to the "contrast" levels, for both pictures of the two different color tones. Here's the enhancement results:



Our lives are like original pictures that sometimes need a little adjustment. When we realize that we are not happy with the way we look, or are feeling "down and out" emotionally, wouldn't it be nice if we could just click on "levels auto fix", and be quickly transformed into our best look and feel? What if there was a little gadget we could run over our bodies and click on the bad spots (i.e. face, hair, mind and heart)? Presto! Instant transformation of all that's not quite right!

Transformation of people doesn't occur that easily or quickly. The only real solution I have found is to let God make the changes that He wants to see in me. As He puts His finger on the bad spots, and says, "Jeannie, there is a problem here", it's up to me to say, "Okay, Lord, go ahead and make the necessary transformation." Sometimes that process hurts a bit, but the kind of changes He desires to make in me, will always be worth the hurt. He always knows what's best for me, and He knows the best way to do His work in me. I'm glad I can trust Him for that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today Larry and I are celebrating our 37th wedding anniversary.
We've seen God do a lot of change in our lives over 37 years of marriage. Things are far different today for us than when we first began this lifetime partnership. The experiences we have shared (both wonderful and difficult) have served to deepen our care for each other and to cement our love for each other. Our differences have served to provide richness and contrast, and to give us greater understanding of (and for) each other. We are enjoying the benefit of a higher quality of life as we have begun to learn the true meaning of the word "love".
Enhancement to the portrait of our marriage has been a gradual process, through trial and error--continual try & try again.




If I had it to do all over again . . . . . I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to make the same choice I made at 19 years old. Larry is the man I would still choose to spend my life with.


My anniversary message to the man I married 37 years ago:

"I knew you were special the first time we met,
and though time has brought changes, I'll never forget
all the sweet things you've done, and the "firsts" that we've shared,
all the times I've been happy just knowing you cared.

Through the years, as a husband, a partner, a friend,
you've been someone on whom I know I can depend,
someone kind who will help any way that he can,
and I'm proud to be married to that kind of man."

Love, Jeannie

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, you two!
From us three!

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Happy Anniversary Larry and Jeannie. Awsome photos. Yep, God does work in wondrous ways. Have a wonderful day together.

Mister Ed T said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 37th anniversary. I hope you had a very special day with lots of reminiscing and love and laughter.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary - congratualtion on 37 years. God bless you both.
What a wonderful example you have been to many.
We are glad you are part of our lives through Jim, and Chad and Cindy. Diane Pruitt

Anonymous said...

Well, another newcomer to my blog...welcome Diane! What a nice surprise to find your comment!

Thanks to all of the rest of you, as well, for your kind congratulatory comments!

Love to all of you!

Anonymous said...

Hello Jeannie,

This is your other Michigan friend (I work with your friend, Sandy). Guess what? We share an anniversary. My husband and I just celebrated our 36th anniversary on Tuesday (8-22). So congratulations to "US"!!

I don't get to check your blog everyday, but I always enjoy it when I have a chance. Your thoughts are always thought provoking and inspiring. And I enjoy your photography immensely...

Anonymous said...

Well, back to reality. Today is Monday 8/28--Bill's birthday. Last week was a great week at the lake--and Doug and Sarah made it up Thursday morning for a couple days of fishing, skiing, tubing and visiting. Congrats on your anniversary. So who were those "kids" coming down the aisle? I must say, you two have "aged" very well--you make a stunning couple.

Eagle-eye Di said...

Happy Anniversary to the two of you.The pics are beautiful.