The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sunset After a Gorge-ous Weekend Away

We spent the weekend (three glorious days) out in the Columbia River Gorge. "Home base" was at The Dalles, Oregon (about an hour and a half away from home), but our gallavanting included both sides of the river--along the southern border area of the state of Washington, and the northern border area of the state of Oregon.

In addition to sight-seeing, we toured several museums, (including the famous Maryhill Museum), plus some very old homesteads. We also visited the Maryhill winery where we enjoyed wine-tasting and listening to a little light jazz combo under the grape arbor. Plus, we found time for swimming and relaxing around the pool at our hotel.

It was a wonderful time away, with perfect weather (warm and sunny)--just the way we like it!

2 comments:

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Sounds very nice Jeannie. I'm glad you had such a beautiful weekend. Sounds very refreshing! Thank's for sharing all your pictures with us. I enjoy all your pictures you blog. I love how your camera captures the colors.

I love you Jeannie! I wanna give you a hug. Consider yourself hugged, ok?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "hug", Colleen -- I needed it.
Love you too!