The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Last Day of the First Month

As I looked back at my first post of the new year, on the first day of the first month of the new year, I see quite a contrast!What a change one month can make! Winter to summer! But, alas, the change wasn't a lasting change. Winter weather is due back tomorrow--really cold temperatures--maybe ice, maybe snow, but downright cold for sure!

Makes me think about lasting change . . . Any changes we planned for the new year have had one month of practice. How's it working for you so far?

1 comment:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

It's good to look back for remembering and retracing, to see where we were and now where we are, to remember the goals and the plans of how to get there. Sometimes you gotta put on the hardhat first, though, because the past can carry a big stick!

My 65th birthday is in a couple of days, so I guess that's why I am reflective and wheeling back through your blog for ten years!

Talking about birthdays and time -- do you remember the year when you were the age of my birth year and I was the age of yours? Too funny! It was then that I realized the simple math quiz code that has proven to be entertaining in almost any setting: You were born in '48 and I was born in '56. So when you were 56, I was 48!

And now, before the lamb's tail shakes a few times, I'll be 68 -- a hefty twelve years older than you were back then. Somehow, in light of this, it's not so hard to grasp that 1000 years could be like a day and a day like 1000 years!