The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Another Beautiful Day!

Wow! Two gorgeous "winter" days in a row! Today's forecast called for 73 degrees and rain. Instead, we have 75 degrees and bright sunshine! My head said, "Get the ironing done and the kitchen cleaned up while Larry is outside working in the yard". My heart said, "Nah, that can be done in the evening after the sun goes down." Guess which one won the debate.
Obviously, my heart. I mean, really, who could resist sitting by the pool, in the sunshine, in the middle of winter, when it's 75 degrees outside? Actually, I was sitting on the diving board, with bare feet and my jeans rolled up, when I noticed the pretty water pattern in the pool.I just had to get a closer look, so I went over to the side of the pool to get a better close-up picture.But, once I got that close to the edge, I couldn't resist stepping into the water--up to my knees!My next debate was, "Should I get my swim suit on and take a dip?" It didn't take very long standing in the cold water for me to make my decision. Maybe another day.

1 comment:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Ha. I remember this winter to summer to winter January that you had. At the time, in the cold damp rawness of Toronto, it was a wee tad hard not to be jealous.