The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Missing Pictures -- Something to laugh at?

You may have noticed that my blog is missing some pictures from recent posts. It's my fault, but the loss wasn't intended. On Saturday I went through my "practice blog" (where I sometimes post things first, before putting the post up on my regular blog -- just to see what the layout will look like, before everyone else sees it). I deleted a bunch of posts from that practice blog, thinking I no longer needed them after copying them onto my regular blog. Well, guess what? When I deleted those posts, I didn't realize that the pictures would also disappear completely from the blogger system--including my regular blog! I just figured since they were posted somewhere else, I didn't need them anymore on my practice blog. How wrong I was!!!

No, I can't just re-post them from my picture files on my computer, because I also went through my whole picture file on Saturday, deleting all miscellaneous pictures that were only used for blog purposes. And, no, I can't retrieve them back from the computer's recycle bin, because I also dutifully emptied the "trash can"! Nor can I reload them from my camera because...yup, you guessed it...I also cleaned out the camera, deleting all the unimportant pics. Hey--when I do a job, I do it thoroughly!

That was no laughing matter! But, here's something I did laugh at today:

Things to Do in an Elevator

  • Crack open your briefcase or purse, and while peering inside, ask, "Got enough air in there?"
  • Offer nametags to everyone getting on the elevator. Wear yours upside down.
  • Stand silent and motionless in the corner, facing the wall, patting yourself on the back, without getting off when the doors open.
  • When arriving at your floor, grunt and strain to yank the doors open, then act embarrassed when they open by themselves.
  • Greet everyone getting on the elevator with a warm handshake. Look them in the eye and say, "Welcome aboard! Just call me Admiral. Now, may I please see your ticket to cruise with us today?"
  • Bet the other passengers you can fit a quarter up your nose.
  • Say, "Ding!", as you pass each floor.
  • Draw a little square on the floor with chalk and announce to the other passengers that this is your personal space.
  • Make race car noises when anyone gets on or off.
  • Whistle "It's a Small World" incessantly.
  • Sell Girl Scout cookies.
  • On the highest floor, hold the door open and demand that it stay open until you hear the penny you dropped down the shaft go plink at the bottom.
  • Meow occasionally.
  • Start a sing-along.
  • Listen to the elevator walls with a stethoscope.
  • Pull your gum out of your mouth in long strings.
  • Smile broadly and say "Hello" to each one that gets on.
    Continue smiling broadly during the entire ride.

10 comments:

CML_Shearings said...

Way to go, Jeannie. I'm glad I'm not the only one who does things like your deletion trick. Are you going to try any of the elevator suggestions? I like the Admiral one.

Anonymous said...

Great suggestions, now all I need is to find an elevator to ride.
Uncle Ed

Anonymous said...

The real question is....have you ever dared to do any of these things on an elevtor ??!!

Eagle-eye Di said...

Love your elevator laughs.
I discovered awhile ago that as I delete unwanted pics off the computer they totally dissapear off any album they are in.I have since really been careful to have cd back ups with any pictures I put on my computer.They are building up a bit but oh well.I can't believe this is how the computer system people have decided deletion should happen.Sorry to hear about your finding out the hard way.I figured you realized this way before I found it out.Love ya.

Montana Sherry C said...

I'm with Uncle Ed, sadly lacking for elevators around these parts. When we were in Vancouver, B.C. for Ruth's graduation, we actually had to refresh Elli on how to operate one, as it had been so long since she'd been in one that she'd forgotten!

strider1971 said...

I saw this post and was reminded about an experience in Chicago on the elevator with my mom. for that story check out my blog and you'll find it interesting. but this here was awseome keep up the good stuff.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Then there's those "two ended" elevators! You get in on one side, and while standing there waiting to get to your stop, you do some little turns, to pass the time of day.

The door opens, you get off and can't figure out why you are in the same spot you were before the door even opened! hee hee

Do this a few times, and while standing in total hysterics, and take alittle look on people's faces.

It's a riot!!
This is a true story!

Eagle-eye Di said...

Oh my,Colleen.I can fully understand your real life situation also.I know it has happened to me a few times.

Anonymous said...

No, I've never done any of these things in an elevator, nor do I plan to do any of them, but just the thought of doing them makes me laugh, so I guess they have accomplished a good purpose!

Eagle-eye Di said...

Interesting Carol-Ann thanks for the information.I will also try to keep on top of this in my blog editing.