God's love is patient, and God's love is kind,
though I dislike waiting, and sometimes I'm blind!
Love shouldn't be jealous, nor should it boast;
love should be zealous, not allowed to just coast!
Love musn't be proud, nor ever self-seeking;
it's best when we're humble, self-interest releasing.
Love isn't short-fused, keeps no record of wrongs;
though oft I'm ungracious, and dwell on hurts too long.
Love despises unfairness, is glad when truth wins out;
but seeks no revenge to bring justice about.
Love always protects, and never gives up;
God's love is faithful --true love always trusts.
Love hopes for the best and endures through the worst;
God's love never fails, at all times it's first!
4 comments:
Thank you for this wonderful reminder, Jeannie. I especially liked the first 2 or 3 stanzas of your poem.
Well put! Impossible to live, except in the strength of the Lord.
Uncle Ed
very nice poem Jeannie. Now, if every one of us actually practiced it, there would be so much less hurt in this world we live in.
I'm afraid, that the opposite is far too true for the most time.
Love you Jeannie
Good poem Jeannie.You must have a small collection of them by now.That gift is not one I was blessed with.Write On!
Post a Comment