The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Interesting Date

05-06-07

Expanding on that, today, for just two moments in time, we experienced 05-06-07-08-09, (month, day, year, hour, second) . . . . . . . . . . . .
NEVER, EVER, TO HAPPEN AGAIN! Cool!

Just think: Today made history! What did you do on this historic day? Maybe we should think of every day as historic and special. I wonder if we would look at our time here on earth differently, if we considered every day a special day, and every moment to count for eternity.

On the one hand, it all sounds so philosophically right and good. On the other hand, it's way too exhausting to imagine! However, it's worth thinking about, to at least count the days as worthy of our deep consideration. Are we using them in ways that really matter, or squandering them in ways that are totally unimportant and useless for anyone's really valuable benefit? Would it be reasonable to expect that we should do something every day that counts for eternity? Yes! I believe that's a reasonable use of the life God has given us.

Hmmmm . . . makes me stop and think about how I spend my time and my days. Maybe it would be interesting to journal it--to keep a daily written record of at least one thing that was an act of kindness to someone else.

3 comments:

Mister Ed T said...

Reminds me of a friend who's New Year's resolation one year was to live each day like it was his last.
The next year he resolved to live each day like it was his wife's last.
Both worked well for him.
Yes it is an interesting day.

Anonymous said...

Oops! Yup--you're right--I goofed! I intended to say "minutes", not seconds.

Eagle-eye Di said...

Interesting numbers sequence.Last night Chuck and I were listening to a friend giving us a sales pitch on Cutco Knives. As I finally got her to come down to three items of my choice,I took out my checkbook.Guess what number it was? 1234.Your post immediately came to mind. Love ya.